Friday, July 15, 2005

BlinkList incorporates best of Gmail and Flickr

We got some additional fan mail today that I wanted to share! This one was too good to pass up. This is what gets us fired up and keeps us motivated to stay at it even while the big guys like Yahoo! are now moving into this market. Perhaps we are crazy but we are just too passionate about all of our blink ideas!

Here is the customer letter:
___________________________________

I signed up and perused BlinkList. I think the idea is very promising, especially as a potential acquisition by Google or Yahoo who are working on similar work but with a different approach and with far less additional functionality.

There are some wonderful features on your site that remind me of Gmail and Flickr which work perfectly for leveraging collective intelligence/experience. The RSS feature and "Interesting Ways People use Blinklist" both really excite me. I have been using Flickr's badge feature a lot on my own personal websites, but I think you really have something with being able to feed people's blogs with the host of information all users pull together around thematic tags.

All in all, the clean site design, the bookmarklet integration, and the potential for growth make this an exciting venture in my mind. I smell acquisition, but perhaps there is a lot more to it that you are slowly rolling out. [He has no idea!] Kudos to you and your development team in Malaysia.
______________________________

Thanks for taking the time to write to us! We love to hear from our early customers. Keep the suggestions and feedback coming!

Mike

Blink It
see web stats